Tuesday, December 22, 2009

A Chat with Rossano Snel, and a Gift From Damin Suarez of GWYM



Hello readers!  2009 has been a fun and eventful year, but it is soon coming to a close.  As our gift to you, we’re going to grant you a little holiday present for being such loyal fans.  You’ll find it at the end of the blog – but first we need to check in with Rossano Snel, who took the time out to answer a few questions for us.

OC:    What’s your favorite song on “Landscape”?

RS:    My favorite song is Her Dance. The inspiration came from my girlfriend, with whom I discuss many aspects of my creative process.

OC:    Tell us about “Tumpah”.  It’s quite distinctive compared to your other songs.

RS:    It really has a special meaning to me. In certain ways, it represents the point where I have turned the ideas created with the piano into a composing and production process driven through machines.

OC:    Do you utilize social networking sites like Twitter?

RS:    I do use Twitter a lot. I try to [use it mostly to share] music and news about my work and career. This way I give the people interested in my music and my fans a connection with me, and with themselves too.

We know you’re dying for even more new songs from Rossi, so we’ve asked Santa to bring a new EP.  If you’ve been a good boy or girl, he might just grant your wish in 2010.  In the meantime, follow him listen to the stream of Rossano’s “Gallery” EP here and follow him on Twitter!

Speaking of Santa, he’s brought a gift early, this time from Go West Young Man.  FYI to those of you in the California area, GWYM will be playing January 12th at the Bootleg Theatre in LA’s Echo Park with Seven Saturdays and the Parson Redheads…for only 8 bucks!  Anthony Cava of Pollyn will be on bass.  If you’re in the area, don’t miss it.

Also, Go West’s song “Hard Times” was recently placed on FX’s “The League” and you’ll hear “The Covinas” on the January 8th episode of the Ghost Whisperer.  Nice!

So what else?  Oh yeah – your gift!  Damin recorded a new song called "Sailboat" on his iphone!  Check it out here.  It sounds a bit like Sean Lennon and James Mercer of the Shins sat down in a coffee house and taped an acoustic ballad.  It’s great stuff, so go listen…right now!

Happy Holidays from the One Cell staff to all of you!

No comments:

Post a Comment